How to Update an Xbox Wireless Controller Using a Computer: It’s easy to update a Microsoft Wireless Controller (for Xbox Series X | S) using a Windows 10 PC. You just need to download the Microsoft app, plug in controller and follow the on-screen instructions. Here’s how to do it.
How to Update Xbox Wireless Controller Using a Computer
Since you can buy an Xbox wireless controller separately and use it with your smartphone or PC, you can also use a Windows 10 PC to update it.
- To do so, download the Xbox accessories app from the Microsoft Store.
- Once the download is complete, launch the app and plug the Xbox Wireless Controller into your computer using the USB port located between the LB and RB buttons. You will need a USB Type-C cable to do this.
- After plugging it in, the Xbox Accessories app should detect the controller. If the firmware inside the controller isn’t the latest version, you’ll see an Update required button below the controller’s image on your desktop. Click that.
- Next, you’ll see a warning asking you to make sure the controller is connected properly and warning you not to move the device during the update process. Once you have read and followed the instructions, click Continue.
- The Xbox Accessories app will now start downloading and installing the update.
- Once done, you should see a green checkmark above the Next controller image.
That’s it! Your controller is now up to date.
Above is how to update the Xbox wireless controller using a computer that you can refer to. Hopefully with the instructions that Tutshares.online Computer Tips Blog has shared will be useful to you, wish you success.