Setting a computer password will help secure the computer better. In addition to setting a new password for your computer, guideonline.biz will also show you how to change your Windows 10 computer password. Stay tuned.
How to set a Windows 10 password
How to set a password for a computer via Ctrl + Alt + Delete
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del.
2. Click Change a password.
3. Enter your old password. If you have never set a password, leave this box blank.
4. Enter your new password. You’ll have to enter it twice to make sure you don’t make a mistake.
5. Click Submit. It is the arrow at the bottom of the Confirm password box.
6. Click OK.
Now. you have successfully set a password on your computer. Whenever you log in, you will have to enter this password.
How to set a password for a computer through Settings
We click on the Start icon in the bottom left corner of the computer, select the humanoid icon and click on Change account settings.
In the Accounts interface, click on the Sign-in options item. Then you look at the content on the right and you will see that there are 3 password generation options for Windows 10, including creating a regular password (Password), creating a password with a numeric-only pin (PIN) and creating a login password with a password. picture (Picture password).
If you want to create a regular Windows 10 security password, click Change at Password.
We will enter the password in the New password box, repeat the password in the Reenter password, type the password hint in the Password hint if you forget the computer login password. Then click Next below. Finally click Finish to complete the password setting.
If you want to use the PIN to set the Windows 10 login password, click Add in the PIN section.
Then we enter the PIN code as numbers into this interface.
If you want to set up a Windows 10 password with a picture, click Add in the Picture Password section.
Then click Choose picture to select an image to use as the Windows 10 computer login password. However, this is quite complicated because you will need to identify 3 pixels and draw a pattern to unlock the computer.
So you should choose to create a regular password or use a PIN to create a login password on Windows 10.
So when logging into your computer, you will need to enter the correct password you created earlier.
How to change Windows 10 password
Change Windows 10 password from Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel. Set the View by option to Large icons. Click User Accounts.
2. Click the Manage another account link.
3. Click the user account for which you want to change the password.
4. On the next screen, click the Change the password option.
5. Enter the current password and then enter the new password you want to use. Click Change password.
Change Windows 10 password from PC Settings
1. Press the Win+I keys to open the Settings app. Click Accounts.
2. Click the Sign-in option on the left and click the Change button in the Password section on the right.
3. Enter the current password and click Next.
4. Enter the new password twice and set a password hint. Click Next.
Change Windows 10 password from Computer Management
1. Right-click the This PC icon on the desktop and then select Manage.
2. In Computer Management, expand Local Users and Groups > Users on the left. Right-click the desired user in the center, and then select Set Password.
3. Click the Proceed button to confirm.
4. Enter the new password twice and click OK.
Change Windows 10 password with Netplwiz
1. Press the Win+R keys together to open the Run box. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
2. In the User Accounts window, select a user account for which you want to change the password and then click the Reset Password button.
3. Enter the new password for the user account, and then press OK.
How to change Windows 10 password with cmd . command
Open cmd with Admin rights, enter the following command to list all the existing accounts on the machine and press Enter:
Type the following command to change the password for the account and press Enter:
net user USERNAME *
In this command, you change USERNAME to the account name to change the password. For example, here I want to change the password for Quantrimang.com account, the command will become: net user
- Enter the new password for the user and press Enter.
- Enter the new password again to confirm and press Enter.
When you complete the above steps, sign out of your Windows 10 account and sign back in to use the new password.
How to change Microsoft account password
Step 1: Open any browser you like and then go to Microsoft’s Account Management Page.
Step 2: Click Change password.
Step 3: Here, enter the current password in the Current password box, click the new password in the New password box and re-enter the new password in the Reented password box.
Step 4: After entering the password, click Save to complete. If you want Microsoft to remind you to change your password every 72 days to ensure safety, you can check the box next to the words “Make my change my password every 72 days“.
Remove Windows 10 computer password
Removing the password will help you access the computer faster, but it is not safe if you have “confidential documents” on the computer. So, think before you do it.
Step 1: Press Win + I to open Settings.
Step 2: Click on Accounts.
Step 3: Click Sign-in options.
Step 4: In the Password section, click the Change button.
Step 5: Enter the current password and then click Next.
Step 6: Do not enter anything, click Next and then click Finish to complete the account deletion.
What is the strongest password on a computer?
- Use both uppercase and lowercase letters,
- Add additional numbers, special symbols and signs,
- Do not use information that everyone knows, such as your name, date of birth, and location,
- Create a password with at least 5 to 6 characters,
- Try to remember all your passwords, instead of writing them down.
- Only a complex password can be a good barrier in securing your data.
Above is how to set a password for a Windows 10 computer, in 3 different ways set by normal password, by PIN and by image. However, the simple and effective way that many people choose is to set a regular password and use a PIN code.
Wishing you success!