Eliminate noise during FaceTime calls on iOS devices: When it comes to serious FaceTime calls, the last thing you want to deal with is background noise. Apple has come up with a nifty feature to let you cancel out background noise during FaceTime calls. In this article, I’ll show you how to turn on Voice Isolation during a FaceTime call to eliminate background noise on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How does Voice Isolation work?
Voice Isolation leverages machine learning (ML) technology to cancel out background noise and prioritize your voice during FaceTime calls. Therefore, background noise does not affect your ongoing conversation.
# Which devices support FaceTime Voice Isolatio feature?
iPhone SE (second-gen)
iPhone XS Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone 12 mini
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 13 mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
… and more…
# Supported Voice Isolation applications
- Facebook Messenger
Eliminate noise when making FaceTime calls on iOS devices
# Remove noise when calling FaceTime on Iphone, Ipad
Run the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad and make the call as usual.
Now bring up the Control center.
- On iPhones and iPads without a Home button: Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhones and iPads with a Home button: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
Next, click on the Mic Mode box in the top right corner of the control center.
Next, you have three options to choose from:
- Standard Mic: As the name suggests, it allows you to use a standard microphone that does not filter noise.
- Voice Isolation: When enabled, it isolates background sounds and allows others on the FaceTime call to hear you clearly.
- Wide Spectrum: This microphone mode is designed to bring any sound into your calls. When you want others to hear everything going on around you, turn this on.
Now you need to select “Voice Isolation speak” in Mic mode and return the call.
# Noise cancellation on FaceTime calls on Mac
First, start or join a FaceTime call. Then, click the Control Center icon in the upper-right corner of the menu bar and select Mic Mode.
Now select Voice Isolation from the list of available microphone modes and return to the call. All background noise in your FaceTime calls will now be eliminated.
That’s how you can use voice isolation to filter out background noise from a FaceTime call. Hopefully, the way to remove noise when calling FaceTime on iOS devices that the guideonline computer tips Blog shared will be useful to you, wish you success.