How to play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad for free: Fortnite hasn’t been available to play on iPhone and iPad since Apple banned it from the App Store amid an ongoing legal battle with Epic Games, but the battle royale game has turned back to iOS devices thanks to Microsoft’s Xbox Cloud Gaming service. This article explains how to get Fortnite up and running on the service.
Apple removed the popular title Fortnite from the App Store in August 2020, after developer Epic Games added a direct payment option to the game in violation of App Store rules. However, if you want to play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad, the good news is that the Xbox Cloud Gaming service now supports Fortnite, which means you can play it on your iOS device using Safari or another browser.
The Xbox Cloud Gaming service is available in 26 countries and allows you to play games streamed from a remote server via a web app, so you don’t need to download and install any game data. to your iOS device and some free-to-play games – including Fortnite. (The game includes a lot of in-app purchases, but they are completely optional).
To play Fortnite on your iPhone or iPad, all you need is a connection to Wi-Fi and a Microsoft account (don’t worry if you don’t already – creating an account is free). Fortnite has touch controls, so playing with a controller is optional. You can be up and running in minutes by following these steps.
How to Play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad for Free
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
- Visit the xbox.com/play website.
- Click Play For Free below the Fortnite image, which will be at the top of the web page. (If you don’t see it, search for it in the games list.)
- Click Get Ready to Play on the next page.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to add the Xbox Cloud Gaming icon to your Home screen: Tap the Share icon (the square with the arrow pointing out), select Add to Home Screen from the action menu, then press Add.
- Now, tap the Cloud Gaming icon on your device’s Home screen to open the Xbox service in a separate window.
- Select Fortnite as the game you want to play.
- Click the Sign In button and enter your Microsoft account. This can be a live.com or even hotmail.com account – you
- don’t need an Xbox subscription. (If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create one for free.)
- Once logged in, you’ll be returned to the Fortnite page, where you can tap Play. Wait for the game to load, then click Press to Start.
You can now play the game on your iPhone or iPad. Make sure orientation lock is off so you can play the game full screen in landscape orientation.
Remember that Xbox Cloud Gaming is a streaming web app and you are playing Fortnite on a remote server, so you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network at all times to play it and performance will depend on internet connection quality.
Note that Fortnite can also be played on GeForce NOW, another subscription-based, cross-platform service that allows users to stream hundreds of games across multiple devices.
Above is how to play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad for free that you can refer to. Hopefully with the instructions that Tutshares.online Computer Tips Blog has shared will be useful to you, wish you success.