The limit of the Internet bandwidth uses QOS on Windows 11: You can often find yourself in the situation where you are moving data (to or go) from your PC to another location through the network and other online tasks. becomes difficult to perform during the transmission process. This happens because of specific tasks or many tasks that are suffering from your bandwidth.
This can be controlled through service quality features (QOS) in the following products of Microsoft:
Server 2012 R2
Server 2008 R2
What is Quality of Service (QOS)?
The Quality of Service in the network term refers to the control of network flow through a set of rules and policies. QOS allows users to control the network network details / bandwidth to download and upload to their Internet.
Limit Internet bandwidth uses QOS on Windows 11
You can configure QOS on Windows Computer with Group Policy Editor. Follow the steps below to do so:
- To start, confirm that the QOS packet schedule (QOS Packet Scheduler) has been enabled on your network adapter. Open the network connection by entering NCPA.CPL in Run, right -click on the network adapter and click Properties from the context menu.
- Now make sure that the box next to the QOS Packet Scheduler is selected.
- Open the tremor of GPEDIT.MSC and navigate to:
Local Computer Policy >> Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >> Policy-based qos
- Right-click on Policy-based QOS and click Create New Policy from the context menu.
- In the tutorial, enter the custom policy name. Then, uncheck the box next to the Specify DSCP Value and select the box next to the Specify Outbound Throttle Rate. Now, enter the limit for the flow that you want to allow. After being configured, click Next.
- Now select Only Applications with this Executable Name and then enter the name of the .exe file along with the extension into the text field. You can also provide the full path of the application but not needed. Once completed, click Next.
Note: You can also choose All Applications if you want to limit the speed of all applications and services. This also includes the regulating speed of files and folders when others are moving data from your PC to their PC online.
- Other parts you leave default and click Finish.
QOS is currently configured. Here, we have limited bandwidth consumption for Google Chrome at 2 mb/sec.
1: The limit of the TCP flow to the QOS
Right-click on the policy-based qos from the left compartment, then click Advanced Qos Settings.
From the overwhelming window, select the box next to the Specify the Inbound TCP Throughput Level and then select a level from the given options. The pine of these levels is given in the table below. When selected, click OK.
If you are trying to speed up your internet, you can limit the bandwidth of individual applications as discussed in this post or the bandwidth limit of the system to increase the bandage. Your usability. Hopefully, with the limit of Internet bandwidth using QOS on Windows 11, the Blog of computer tips Guideonline shared will be helpful to you, wish you success.