How to increase virtual memory on Windows 11: If you notice a certain delay when running high -end applications or games, it may be due to the full RAM / memory is full. This is the time to increase the capacity of virtual memory or page file size in Windows 11. Virtual memory is one of the most misunderstood concepts and there are many mistakes around it. Regardless of whether others say or do, understanding it is mandatory for your computer to achieve the best performance.
How to increase virtual memory on Windows 11
Once you have checked RAM, you can easily set a virtual memory or a page file in Windows 11. For example, assuming that it is 4 GB, so the minimum virtual memory needed is established is 4 x 1.5 = 6 GB. While the maximum will be 4 x 3 = 12 GB.
Now you know the best virtual memory size, help you understand how to increase virtual memory in Windows 11.
- Click Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter the view Advanced System Settings in the text field at the top and click on the relevant search results.
- In the Advanced tab, click the Settings button below Performance.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window.
- Next, click Change in Virtual Memory.
- Select the Automatically Manage Paging File Size File For All Drives.
- If Windows is managing the previous virtual memory, it is best to delete the values that have been previously placed and increase that value. To do that, click the drive system listed, select No Paging File and click on the set.
- Now, select a drive or partition from the list, select the Custom size option and enter the same value in the Initial size and maximum size fields in MB (1GB = 1024MB), take suggestions from the previous section.
- Once completed, click Set and then click OK at the bottom to save the changes.
- Next, restart the computer so that the changes will take effect.
Video or VRAM memory is another important aspect when running high -end graphics applications. So. If you receive a warning that graphics memory is full, it’s time to increase specialized video memory in Windows 11. Hopefully with the way to increase virtual memory on Windows 11, the computer tricked blog Guideonline shared will have there will be Useful for you, wish you success.