Fix Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: Malicious Software Removal Tool by Microsoft Windows is a free security tool that protects your computer from viruses and other malware. However, sometimes it may not be installed correctly on your computer. In this article, we will discuss six ways to fix the problem.
Fix Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool failed to install
There are many anti-malware tools available, but most are advanced and may be out of reach for the average user. This Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool may be free but is highly effective in dealing with all types of malware. However, from time to time you encounter installation problems.
1: Use Safe Mode
Restart the computer and press the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. Select Safe Mode.
After your computer is in Safe Mode, try reinstalling the tool.
2: Use Uninstall troubleshooter
- Visit the Microsoft support page and download the Program Install & Uninstall troubleshooter.
Install the troubleshooter.
- Select Installing. Choose the one you’re having trouble with.
- You will be given an option to uninstall or try other fixes.
- Now you can install Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool without any problems.
3: Install tools manually
- Open Run enter regedit.exe and navigate to:
- If the Installer key does not exist, you need to generate one.
- To do this, right-click Windows and select New, then go to Key.
- Name the new key Installer and press Enter.
- Right-click Installer and select New, then scroll to DWORD (32-bit) Value and press Enter.
- Name the new value DisableMSI and press Enter.
- Double-click the DisableMSI value and set the Value data to 0.
- Close Registry Editor and try to install the tool again.
4: Delete temporary files
- Open the Search function and type Disk Cleanup and click Open.
- Select the drive you want to clean. Make sure that the Temporary files option is selected and select OK.
Above are 4 ways to fix the error of not installing Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool that you can refer to. Hopefully with the instructions that the guideonline computer tips blog shared will be useful to you, wish you success.