How to fix Windows 11 won’t restart: At some point, we may encounter problems when our Windows PC won’t turn on. Many people face the same issue in the latest iteration where Windows 11 won’t restart but shutdown works fine. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but since it’s only the reboot that is affected we can rule out a hardware issue.
How to fix Windows 11 error that cannot restart
In this case, some users are stuck on the Restart screen while for others the system freezes and the screen goes black.
1: Disconnect all peripherals
Usually it’s a malfunctioning hardware that leads to the problem Windows 11 won’t restart. And in this case, simply identifying and removing it would do the trick.
2: Reinstall the graphics driver
- Press Windows + S key combination to open Search and enter Device Manager.
- Double-click the Display adapters entry.
- Now, right click on the graphics adapter and select Uninstall device.
- Next, tick the Attempt to remove the driver for this device checkbox and click Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart the computer.
3: Run the built-in debugger
- Press the Windows + S key combination to enter Settings and select Troubleshoot in the System tab.
- Click the Other troubleshooters entry.
- Now, find the Power troubleshooter and click the Run button next to it.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to diagnose and remove the problem, and select appropriate responses along the way when prompted.
4: Uninstall conflicting third party apps
- Press Windows + S key combination to enter Settings and select Apps in the right column.
- Click the Apps & features option on the right.
- Find the problematic app, click the three dots next to it, and select Uninstall from the menu.
5: Reinstall Windows 11
If none of the methods listed here worked, it’s possible that just resetting Windows 11 to factory settings can fix it. When resetting your PC, you’ll have the option to keep your files or delete them in the process.
Above are 5 ways to fix Windows 11 failure to restart error that you can refer to. Hopefully with the instructions that the guideonline computer tips blog shared will be useful to you, wish you success.