Fix The file couldn’t open in protected view on Excel: If you get the error The file couldn’t open in protected view” when opening Microsoft Excel, the solutions listed in this post can help you solve the problem. try. Although most users encounter this error in Microsoft Excel, you can also get this error in Microsoft Word.
Fix The file couldn’t open in protected view on Excel
If Microsoft Excel shows the error “The file couldn’t open in protected view on Excel” when you open your file, try the solutions described below:
Change the name of the file:
Before you try any of the troubleshooting methods, change the name of your file and then see if you get the same error message.
You can manually check for Office updates. Updating Microsoft Office can fix many errors and problems. The following steps will help you check for updates for Microsoft Office:
- Open any Microsoft Office application, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Go to File > Accounts.
- You’ll see an Office Updates section.
- Click Update Options > Update Now.
If the problem persists, unblock the file you’re having trouble with. To unblock files, follow the steps below:
- Right click on the Excel file.
- Select Properties. Or press Alt + Enter keys to open file properties.
- In the General tab, select the Unblock check box.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
Change Trust Center settings:
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Go to File > Options > Trust Center.
- Now, click on the Trust Center Settings button.
- Select Protected View from the left side.
- Uncheck all options on the right side.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Click OK again to close the Excel Options window.
Check if the Dynamic Data Exchange option is enabled:
- Open Excel.
- Go to File > options > Advanced.
- Scroll down to find the General section.
- If the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box is selected, uncheck it and
- click OK.
If none of the solutions above work, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office. Before you uninstall Office, make sure you have a product key. The product key will be used to reactivate Microsoft Office.
Above is how to fix The file couldn’t open in protected view on Excel that you can refer to. Hopefully with the direction that the Tutshares.online computer tips blog shared will be useful to you, wish you success.