Microsoft realized that Windows lacked an official solution for creating videos. So it decided to buy Clipchamp, a free online video editing tool, and started offering it in the Microsoft Store. Clipchamp is based on the concept of web-based tools like Canva, which provide apps but use an Internet connection to provide a smooth editing experience.
How to fix the error that ClipChamp cannot be installed on Windows 11
1. Completely close and relaunch Microsoft Store
Step 1: Press Win + I to launch the Settings application. Navigate to the left menu and click the Apps option.
Step 2: Click the Installed Apps option. Then click on the Search for app option and enter Microsoft Store.
Step 3: Click on the three horizontal dots and select Advanced options from the context menu.
Step 4: Scroll down and click the Terminate button. It will end the Microsoft process and close the application.
2. Restart the computer
After the computer restarts, launch the Microsoft Store and try to install the Clipchamp app on your system.
3. Set the correct time, date and region
1. Press Win + I to launch the Settings application.
2. Click the Time & language option from the left menu.
3. Click the Date & time option and then click the Sync now button.
4. Scroll down and click on the Language & region option in the Related links section.
5. In the Region section, click on the Country or region option and select the appropriate country from the list.
6. Close the Settings application and try reinstalling Clipchamp to see if the error is still there.
4. Clear Microsoft Store Cache
A corrupted or outdated Microsoft Store Cache can lead to problems launching and installing apps. So you have to clear the Microsoft Store app cache using Command Prompt or the inbuilt Reset option.
5. Sign out of the Microsoft Store app and sign in again
- Open the Microsoft Store app and click the Profile icon.
- Then click the Sign out option located below the profile icon.
- You will sign out of the Microsoft Store. Close the app and reopen it.
- Click the Profile icon. Then, click on the Sign in option.
- Select the active Microsoft account on the system. Enter the system PIN to sign in to Microsoft Store.
- Search for Clipchamp and click the Install button.
6. Use Winget to install Clipchamp
1. Right-click the Start button to open the Power User menu. Select the Terminal (Admin) option from the list.
2. Accept the UAC prompt and click the Yes button.
3. In the Terminal window, type the following command and press the Enter key:
winget search Clipchamp
4. Winget will find and list the correct app name and ID if available.
5. Then type the following command and press Enter key:
winget install Clipchamp
6. Read the EULA, type Y in the Terminal window and press Enter.
7. Wait for the Winget utility to download and install Clipchamp on your system.
8. Close the Terminal window after the installation is complete.
7. Run SFC and DISM . scans
If you are constantly experiencing installation errors in the Microsoft Store, an SFC scan can help you find and replace corrupted system files. You can then run a DISM scan to check the status of the Windows image and repair the component repositories of the Windows image.
8. Try Clipchamp’s Web Version
The Microsoft Store provides an application that uses an online tool for easy access. If you cannot install the application on your system, the best alternative is to use the website until the problem is fixed.