SystemSettings.exe is an essential Windows component that allows you to configure important system settings. However, if system files are corrupted, drivers are outdated, or infected with malware, you may encounter SystemSettings.exe system errors.
Fortunately, this is a very common problem in Windows 11 and can be easily resolved with the fixes below.
1. Try Some Basic Windows Fixes
Damage in important system files is another major reason behind the current error. You can quickly detect and remove damage by running an SFC scan.
2. Remove viruses and malware from your computer
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Type Windows Security in the search bar and press Enter.
- Select Virus & threat protection from the left sidebar and Scan options from the right.
- Select Full scan and click the Scan Now button.
Now, wait until the scan is complete. It can take up to an hour, so be patient.
3. Temporarily disable anti-virus software
Improperly configured security applications can sometimes interfere with the operation of trusted applications, resulting in error messages or not working at all. To solve this problem, disabling the system’s security application is often a possible solution.
4. Create a new user account
Creating a new user account is another solution to fix SystemSettings.exe system errors. This approach is especially useful if the problem is caused by damage in your existing account.
5. Using System Restore
System Restore is an extremely useful Windows feature that allows you to undo the changes that caused your computer to crash. You can use System Restore to send your Windows PC back to a time when you didn’t get SystemSettings.exe system errors.