How to fix stuttering when playing games on Windows 11: If you recently upgraded to Windows 11 and you started to notice a performance drop in FPS (Frames Per Second) when playing your favorite games , don’t worry, you’re not the only one. In most cases, the frame drop is intermittent – Chances are you are experiencing a sudden drop in FPS every minute or so.
How to fix stuttering when playing games on Windows 11
Now that you’re familiar with all the situations that can trigger this error code, here are some Windows 11 gaming stutter fixes that other affected users have successfully used to improve their numbers. frames when playing games on Windows 11
# Turn off Game DVR
As of now, Game DVR is probably the most common culprit known to cause frame drop issues on Windows 11.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Next, type regedit then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the Registry Editor.
Once you are in the advanced Registry Editor window, use the left pane to navigate to the following location:
- Once you are inside the correct location, make sure that the GameConfigStore key is selected from the left menu then switch to the right pane and double click the GameDVR_Enabled key.
- Inside the edit screen of GameDVR_Enabled, set the Base to Hexadecimal, then set the value data to 0 to enable the Game DVR main component and click Ok to save the changes.
- Next, inside the same GameConfigStore key, double click on GameDVR_FSEBehaviourMode and set Base to Hexadecimal and Value data to 2 before clicking Ok to save the changes.
- Now that you have completed the modifications inside the GameConfigStore, use the same Registry Editor interface to navigate to the following location:
- Select the AllowGameDVR key selected from the left menu, then switch to the left menu and double click on the DWORD value from the right menu.
- Next, set the value to Hexadecimal, then change the Value Data to 0 and click Ok to save the changes.
# Update Audio, Network, GPU and USB Connection drivers via Device Manager
If disabling Game DVR doesn’t make a difference in your case, then the next thing you should do is make sure that any utility drivers are updated to the latest version available. Windows Update is usually responsible for updating these drivers automatically, but until a public build of Windows 11 is released, you’re better off handling the updates yourself.
- Open Run enter devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- Then update the above drivers one by one
Above is how to fix stuttering when playing games on Windows 11 that you can refer to, another reason may be your mouse, some high-end gaming mice like Zowie EC2-B come with a button dedicated allows you to change the report speed dynamically by clicking a button while you are using the mouse. Hopefully with the tips that Tutshares.online Computer Tips Blog has shared will be useful to you, wish you success.