How to fix Printer Status is Paused Cannot Resume error: Many users report the error Printer Status is Paused Cannot Resume on windows. This is due to installation problems of your system. But sometimes hardware damage can also lead to this problem. In this article, we will discuss methods to fix this problem.
How to fix Printer Status is Paused Cannot Resume
Here are some ways to fix Printer Status is Paused Cannot Resume error you can refer to.
1: Run the printer troubleshooter
- Click the start menu from the Taskbar. Search Settings.
- Select System from the left side of the screen. Now scroll down and click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now hit another troubleshooter So here you will find Printer.
- Click Run, before the Printer option. Your system will start to detect printer-related problems.
- Now select the printer you are using and press Printer Troubleshooter will start. Wait until the whole process is complete.
2: Disable Pause Printing option
- Open Run, type Control and press Enter. The control panel will open.
- Now click Hardware and Sounds, then click Device and Printers.
- From here select your printer. Its properties will open in a new tab.
- Go to Menu bar and press Printer and go to Pause Printing.
- Now if it works, print a test page.
3: Start/Restart Printer Spooler
- Go to the start menu and search for the Services app.
- Now click on Services. Scroll down and search for Printer spooler.
- So right click on it and click on Properties.
- Go to Service status and click Stop in the Running option. Wait for a few minutes and click Close window again. Click the Apply button and then click the Ok option.
4: Change Printer status to Online
- Open Run enter control the console will open. Now go to Hardware and sounds, then select Device and Printers.
- Double-click your printer. A new window will open.
- Select the Printer option from its Menu bar. And click Use printer online by unchecking the offline status.
5: Update Printer Driver
If the above method does not work, you can update the printer driver. The drivers help the system check the printer’s specifications and pass data to the printer in its own language. Each version of windows has its drivers and updates.
So if the drivers are older versions, your windows may not support them. It affects printing and causes problems like Printer Status is Paused Cannot Resume.
6: Reinstall the Printer Driver
When the above methods don’t work, you can reinstall the driver. When you encounter a power failure or a virus, your printer driver is not working properly. So just reinstall the driver.
Above are 6 ways to fix Printer Status is Paused Cannot Resume error that you can refer to. Hopefully with the instructions that the guideonline computer tips blog has shared will be useful to you, wish you success.