Fix MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU on Windows 11: There have been some reports by Windows users that their MSI Afterburner does not detect GPU on Windows systems. Look into the issue and discover that your device may not be able to detect your GPU due to the following reasons:
- Unstable internet connection – If your internet connection isn’t working properly, the services that depend on it won’t work as they should, causing service-like issues to occur.
- Defective connection cable – it is also possible that your connection cable is faulty or that you have not connected the monitor to the correct port.
- Outdated graphics card drivers – your operating system and programs use graphics card drivers to access your computer’s graphics hardware. If this driver is outdated or corrupted, your operating system will not be able to detect the relevant hardware.
- Third-party antivirus software – your antivirus can interfere with legitimate operating system processes, preventing it from detecting the GPU.
What is MSI Afterburner?
MSI Afterburner is software that helps you view important parameters on games such as hardware temperature, clock speed, etc. MSI Afterburner was born as a savior for designers or professional gamers.
How to fix MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU on Windows 11
Now that we know about the potential causes, let’s take a look at some effective methods of fixing MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU on Windows 11 error that have helped users fix the problem.
1] Check the connection cable
As we mentioned earlier, your connection cable may be faulty, causing problems. The best way to check if your cable is working properly is to use it on another device. Also, if you’re using an external monitor, make sure it’s connected to the dedicated GPU port instead of the built-in port.
2] Disable Low-Level IO Driver
Launch MSI Afterburner. Click the gear icon to access Settings.
Go to the General tab and under Compatibility properties, uncheck the Enable low-level IO driver box. Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
3] Uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver
You should make sure that you have the latest graphics card drivers installed. If you already have the drivers installed, it’s best to reinstall them (probably a clean install) and see if that solves the problem.
4] Uninstall Vanguard (If available)
Press the Windows + I key combination on your keyboard to open Windows Settings. Inside the Settings window, click Apps.
Select Apps & features from the left pane and find the targeted app on the right side of the window. Click on it and select the Uninstall button.
Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
5] Troubleshooting in Clean Boot state
- Open Run and type msconfig. Now click on Normal startup and go to the Services tab.
- Check the box Hide all Microsoft services and then click the Disable all button.
- Click Apply and click OK.
6] Install the latest version of Afterburner
Open Run enter appwiz.cpl and search for MSI Afterburner.
After the uninstaller completes the process, click Finish and restart your computer to see if the error persists.
Once done, go to this website, download the installation file and try to install MSI Afterburner again to verify that it is working properly.
If there is no method to fix MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU on Windows 11 error for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan repositories to replace corrupted and missing files. This works in most cases, when the problem originates from a system error. Restoro will also optimize your system for maximum performance. Good luck.