Fix the issue of not adding signatures in Outlook: Users can create multiple signatures and use them in emails by using the Signatures button in Outlook. Sometimes when you select the Signatures button hangs or closes and the user can’t add a signature. Read on for possible causes of this error and some solutions to troubleshoot if the Signatures button is not working in Outlook.
What causes the Signatures button to freeze?
- Problems with Language ID
- Pre-installed Microsoft Office desktop applications
- Registry is wrong
- Signature button is disabled by Group Policy
Fix the error of not adding a signature on Outlook
Update Microsoft Office applications or software
In case the PC has pre-installed Microsoft Office desktop applications, in addition to the application you have installed, it may cause Signatures to freeze. This issue is fixed in Office Version 1802 (Build 9029.2167) and later.
Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
Run Office Repair
This method basically fixes many problems caused by Microsoft applications.
- Open Run and type appwiz.cpl and navigate to Microsoft Office
- Double click it, the settings panel should now select Repair
- This will solve the problem of frozen signatures in Outlook.
Remove the Office setup registry
Open Run and type regedit and Enter the following key in the search box:
- Once you find it, delete it.
- Press F3 to repeat the search until no more registry keys are found.
Above is how to fix the error of not adding a signature on Outlook you can refer to. Hopefully with the instructions that Tutshares.online Computer Tips Blog has shared will be useful to you, wish you success.