Fix Error 0xc004f069 when activating Windows Server: In this article, we will discuss possible solutions for Windows Server activation error 0xc004f069. Windows displays error code 0xc004f069 when you try to install or change the product key on Windows 10. After the error message is displayed on the screen, you will not be able to install the product key. Here, we will see the method of installing the license key on the Standard and Evaluation versions of Windows Server.
If you have the evaluation server instance, you cannot use the slmgr /ipk command with the VLSC MAK or Retail key to activate it.
Fix Error 0xc004f069 when activating Windows Server
See the steps to fix Windows Server activation error code 0xc004f069.
# Activate Windows Server Standard
- Sign in to Windows Server. Right-click the Start menu and select Settings. Now click on the System option.
- Now, scroll down the left panel and select the About section to see which version of Windows you have.
- If you have Windows Server Standard edition, you don’t need to restart your PC.
- If you use the GUI to enable it, you may get an error message on the screen. So don’t use it.
- Launch “Command Prompt” or “PowerShell” in “Administrator mode” and enter the following command and press Enter button.
slmgr /ipk your_product_key
- A pop-up will appear on your screen saying Installed product key successfully. Click OK.
- Now, you have to activate the license key. For this, enter the following command and press the Enter button”.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen saying Activating Windows, Server Standard edition… Product activated successfully. Now, click OK.
By following the steps listed above, you can activate your Windows server without rebooting.
# Enable Windows Server Evaluation
Now, we will list the steps to fix Error 0xc004f069 when activating Windows Server for Evaluation version. For this edition, you must convert the evaluation version to the Standard edition. You must use the retail product key and the DISM command to convert the evaluation instance to the Standard edition or Datacenter edition.
Please follow the steps listed below:
To convert the version to the Standard version, type the following command in the cmd prompt and press the Enter button.
DISM /Online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /ProductKey:12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 /AcceptEula
To convert the instance to a Datacenter instance, type the following command and press the Enter button:
DISM /Online /Set-Edition:ServerDatacenter /ProductKey:12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 /AcceptEula
After executing the command, the system will ask you to restart the computer. Press the Y button on your keyboard to reboot. Your license will be updated after the reboot.
If you have a VLC MAK license key and not a retail key, you must follow the steps listed below to activate your server.
Login to your server after reboot and launch command prompt or PowerShell as administrator and type the following command and press Enter key. Here you have to use your VLSC MAK key.
slmgr /ipk 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
A new window will appear on the screen with the message Installed product key successfully. Click OK.
Now, you have to activate the license key. For this, type the following command and press the Enter button.
A pop-up will appear on your screen with the message, Activating Windows, Server Standard edition. Product activated successfully. Click OK.
Computer tips guideonline blog hopes the article will help you fix Error 0xc004f069 when activating your Windows Server. If not, you can try by phone. Good luck.