How to fix error 0x87af000D when uninstalling or installing a game on Xbox: Many Xbox users see Error Code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game. This can be very frustrating. In this article, we will fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D with the help of some simple solutions.
What is error 0x87af000D on Xbox?
The mentioned error code occurs when installing or uninstalling the game. So there are many possible reasons for this problem such as some glitch in Xbox or poor Internet. As for the previous solution, the solution is quite simple, you have to reset your control panel.
How to fix error 0x87af000D when uninstalling or installing games on Xbox
If you want to solve Xbox error code 0x87af000D, when installing or uninstalling games, use these solutions to solve the problem.
# Check Xbox server status
You need to make sure that the Xbox Server is not down. You can go to support.xbox.com and check if the server is down. If it doesn’t work, then you have to wait for their engineers to solve the problem. If it doesn’t come down then you need to start troubleshooting.
# Check Internet connection
Most importantly, you need to make sure that you have a good Internet connection. So check if all devices connected to your network are having the same problem, if yes then you need to restart your router or contact your Internet Service Provider. Friend. If only your device has network problem then follow the given steps to remove Xbox alternate MAC address.
- Click the Xbox button to go to the menu.
- Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings.
- From the Change Settings section, select Alternate MAC Address and click Clear.
- Finally, you have to restart your console and see if the problem persists.
# Restart the Router
If the problem persists, then you must restart your Router. Follow the given steps to do the same.
- Turn off your router and plug it out.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Then turn it back on.
- Connect your console to the wireless network and see if the problem persists.
# Hard or Factory Reset Xbox
If restarting the router and removing the MAC address doesn’t work then we need to factory reset your Xbox and see if that can solve the problem. There are two ways to do the same. We will see both.
# First method
- Press and hold the Xbox’s power button for 10 seconds.
- Now, wait a minute or two before starting again.
- Restart the console and see if the problem persists.
# Second method.
- Press the Xbox button and go to the menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Then click System > Console info > Reset console.
- Finally, select Reset and keep my games & apps.
If you want to play games on Xbox One without updating then try offline mode. This way some games that work online won’t run on your system, but if you have an offline game it will run fine. Hopefully with how to fix error 0x87af000D when uninstalling or installing games on Xbox that Tutshares.online computer tips Blog shared will be useful to you, wish you success.