The cause of error 0x80245006 is usually because the update of the operating system is missing some important files, leading to the Windows update process, such as Windows 10 update being interrupted and error occurs. In addition, conflicts with some components of other software on the operating system are also the cause of this error.
Fix error 0x80245006 during Windows 7, 8 and 10 update process
1. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
- First open the Start Menu, then enter the keyword troubleshooting in the Search box and then press Enter.
- On the Troubleshooting window, click View All.
- Next find and open Windows Update from the list.
- Run the Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finally check if the error is still there or not. If the error persists, continue with the solutions below.
2. Run commands under Admin to fix error 0x80245006
- First press Ctrl + X to open the Power User Menu, then click Command Prompt (Admin). On the Comamnd Promt window, run the following commands to fix error 0x80245006:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
3. Disable anti-virus software and programs
Sometimes anti-virus software or programs like Firewall can be the cause of blocking the Windows update process. In these cases, the best solution is to disable programs and services to fix Windows Update error 0x80245006.
4. Perform a Clean Boot (clean boot)
Clean Boot State is used to diagnose and fix problems on Windows operating systems. If your computer cannot boot normally, or if during the booting process you receive an error message, then you may want to consider performing a “Clean Boot”.
Readers can refer to the steps to perform Clean Boot on Windows 10/8/7 here.
5. Repair system files
To fix Windows Update error 0x80245006, you can repair corrupted system files. You can use and run commands like SFC and DISM to do this. However, it should be noted that you must perform the steps correctly.