Fix error 0x80070666 when installing Microsoft Visual C++: If you are installing Visual C++ Redistributable and get error code 0x80070666, chances are that another C++ package is installed on your computer. If you say you don’t see one of the Programs and Features in the Control Panel, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the old version has been successfully removed.
How to fix error 0x80070666 when installing Microsoft Visual C++:
Note that it is not necessary to apply one of these ways to fix error 0x80070666 when installing Microsoft Visual C++. Therefore, we recommend that you do all these solutions in the given order unless your problem is solved.
1] Uninstall all Visual C++ versions:
Open Run enter appwiz.cpl then find and remove Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Then restart the computer.
2] Install pending Windows updates:
Windows Update might be trying to install the same version of Visual C++ as you, which is causing the problem and thus the error prompt. In that case, you can check for any pending Windows updates and install them to see if this solves the problem.
- Navigate to the following to check for pending Windows updates.
Settings app >> Windows Update
- Click Check for updates on the right.
- Once the scan is complete, install any recommended updates by clicking the Download button next to the update.
- After all updates are installed, restart your computer.
3] Run the Fix-It Tool:
Microsoft has created a debugging tool, also known as the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, which can be used to troubleshoot any software if it has problems installing or uninstalling. put.
- Download the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter from this Microsoft site.
- Once downloaded, double-click the program to run it.
- The troubleshooting wizard will now run. On the first screen, click Advanced.
- Now, confirm that the box next to Apply repairs automatically is checked, then click Next.
- Now select Installing.
- On the next screen, select the Visual C++ package that you are having problems with, and then click Next.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to fix the program.
4] Repair Visual C++:
Right-clicking on a Visual C++ package in the Programs and Features window in Control Panel, usually with a Repair or Change option, allows you to repair a damaged Visual C++ installation.
However, this option may be missing when the corresponding files are corrupted. In such a case, you can still attempt to repair the Visual C++ package by using the following steps:
- Download the Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Open Command Prompt (CMD) with elevated permissions.
- Now change your directory to the location to download the Visual C++ installer using the following cmdlet.
CD /d C:\Users\Username\Downloads
- Where Username with your account’s username.
- Now paste the following cmdlet to run the repair wizard.
- From the Wizard, click Repair.
- Now the wizard will try to repair the Visual C++ Redistributable. Once done, click Restart.
These are possible solutions that actually work to fix error code 0x80070666 while trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package. Hopefully, with how to fix error 0x80070666 when installing Microsoft Visual C ++ that Tutshares.online Computer Tips Blog shared will be useful to you, wish you success.