Error code 0x80070422 is commonly encountered by users trying to apply the latest updates. Problems can also arise when they upgrade from a previous version of Windows to a newer version (for example from Windows 8 to Windows 10), as well as while trying to update or get apps in the Microsoft Store.
Fix error 0x80070422 update Win:
1. What is Windows Error 0x80070422?
This is usually a Windows Update error. When the error appears, any pending Windows updates will not install correctly. You may see a message like “There were some problems installing updates” or “Windows Update is disabled” in the Windows control panel Update when error occurs.
This error prevents you from updating your computer properly, which can give rise to security problems if not fixed. Since you expect Windows Update to run smoothly in the background, Windows Update errors are annoying.
2. Restart the PC
While this is general advice for all errors, it’s important to restart your computer before continuing with troubleshooting. Restarting can often resolve issues temporarily, so you won’t have to waste time dealing with a problem that has a simple fix.
After the reboot, try installing the latest updates again at Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
3. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Right-click the Start button and select Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- On the left panel, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Windows Update and then select Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait until Windows has finished diagnosing problems and suggesting methods to fix them.
4. Disable IPv6 Connection
Some people have pointed out that disabling IPv6 solves error 0x80070422:
- Right-click the Start button and select Network Connections.
- Scroll down a bit and select Change adapter options.
- Right-click Ethernet (or whatever other connection you’re using) and select Properties.
- Find Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck it.
- Click OK.
- Disabling IPv6 also helps to fix Internet connection problems on Windows computers.
5. Set Windows Update Service to start automatically
- Type services.msc into the search box or Run dialog box by pressing Win+R and then pressing Enter.
- Scroll down to find Windows Update Service.
- Right click and select Properties.
- In the General tab, in the Startup type, click the drop-down menu.
- Select Automatic and then click Start, and then click OK.
6. Restart Network List Service
Some users reported that restarting another Windows service, named Network List, helped them fix error 0x80070422. Follow these steps:
- Open Services again as stated above.
- Scroll down and locate Network List Service.
- Right click and select Restart.
- Wait for the Service Control prompt to restart the service.
7. Use Windows Registry Editor to fix error 0x80070422
Note: You should back up the registry before making any changes to it.
- Type Regedit in Cortana’s search box.
- When the Registry Editor opens, look for the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\ Windows Update\\Auto Update
- Locate EnableFeaturedSoftware and make sure its value is set to 1.
- If you can’t find the key, you need to create it. Right click on an empty space in the right panel, then select New > DWORD( 32-bit) Value and name it EnableFeaturedSoftware.
- Double-click it and set its value to 1.
- Click OK and close Registry Editor.
8. Run the SFC and DISM . tools
In the search bar on the home screen, type cmd. Open Command Prompt with admin rights.
Start running the System File Checker scan by typing sfc /scannow and pressing Enter.
- After the process is finished, run this command and press Enter:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Then try the following commands, pressing Enter after each command:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Close Command Prompt and restart the computer. Then try to install the updates.
9. Use .bat file to fix error 0x80070422
Details on how to do this are as follows:
- You open the text editor Notepad.
- Copy and paste the following commands into Notepad:
sc config wuauserv start= auto
sc config bits start= auto
sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net start DcomLaunch
- You press Ctrl + S to save the file. In the custom file saving window, in the Save as type section, select the file type as All files. Meanwhile, in the file name you enter is repair.bat. After filling in, click Save.
- After creating the .bat file, find the place to save the file. Right-click on the file and select Run as administrator. The commands in the file will begin to be executed.
You wait for the commands to complete and then press restart the machine to see if error 0x80070422 has been fixed or not.
10. Using third-party software
Here’s how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
2. Run the application.
3. Wait for the app to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
4. Click Start Repair.
5. Restart the PC for all changes to take effect.
Once the process is complete, your computer will function completely normally and you will no longer have to worry about Windows Update errors of any kind.