How to Delay Updates on Windows 11 2022: Microsoft recently rolled out Windows 11 2022 Update Version 22H2, and you may have already received it on your Windows 11 PC. If not, you can get the update using Media Creation Tool or Windows 11 Installation Assistant, however, if you don’t currently want to upgrade your system to new features, you can delay or delay the Windows 11 2022 update.
How to delay updates on Windows 11 2022 version 22H2
Microsoft has removed the feature update delay setting that was present in Windows 10. Now, you will have to use one of two methods to try to defer updates on Windows 11 2022:
Using Group Policy Editor:
Before proceeding, you must know that Group Policy Editor is only available in Professional and Enterprise editions. If you have Windows 11 Home edition, you can follow this workaround to get Group Policy Editor on your PC.
- Open Run and type gpedit.msc
- On the left panel, navigate to the following path:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update\Manage updates offered from Windows Updates
- Double-click Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are received.
- Select Enabled in the settings window that appears.
- Specify the number of days that you want to delay the feature update after it is released. You can simply
- enter the number or use the up/down arrows to specify the value. Feature updates can be delayed up to 365 days. You can also choose to pause updates for up to 35 days if required
- Click Ok
- Click the Next Setting button at the top. The settings window will now show options for Select when
- Quality Updates are received.
- Select Enabled.
- Enter the number of days you want to delay quality updates after release. Quality updates can be
- deferred for up to 30 days. You can also choose to pause updates for up to 35 days.
- Click the OK button.
When you decide to allow Windows to install an upgrade or feature update, you can change these settings from Enabled to Not Configured.
Using Registry Editor:
Type regedit from the search bar on the Taskbar and select Run as administrator.
Tip: If you can’t find the WindowsUpdate folder, right-click the Windows folder and select New > Key. Then name it WindowsUpdate.
- Inside the WindowsUpdate folder, right-click anywhere on the right panel and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it DeferUpgrade.
- Double-click the key, select Decimal as Base and set the Value data to 1.
- Repeat step 4.
- Name the key DeferUpgradePeriodInDays.
- Next click on the empty space and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value..
- Name it DeferUpgradePeriodInDays.
- Double-click the key, select Decimal as Base, and set the Value data to any value between 0 and 365.
Above is how to delay updating on Windows 11 2022 version 22H2 that you can refer to. Hopefully with the instructions that Tutshares.online Computer Tips Blog has shared will be useful to you, wish you success.